Preparing to Go to Rehab – What You Should Know
Deciding to go to rehab for addiction, mental illness, or a combination of both is a big decision that seems to come with many unknown factors. Assumptions about rehab, the cost, and what life is like once you become sober can be overwhelming. This makes it all the more important to prepare yourself and learn as much as possible before you get there. If you are ready to get treatment and want to prepare, keep reading to learn more about preparing to go to top-rated drug rehabs and what you should know.
Do Research on Top-Rated Drug Rehabs
Knowledge is power, and the more you know about what life will be like at top-rated drug rehabs, the more comfortable you will be once you get there. You may also want to make a checklist of essential things for you (or your loved one, if you are helping someone else). Some critical questions you will want to answer include:
- Does the facility offer medicated-assisted detox?
- Am I able to use my phone or computer?
- Will I be able to continue working remotely while I am in rehab?
- How involved will my family be?
- Will there be time for holistic, leisure activities?
- What are the accreditations of the top-rated drug rehab and its staff?
- What are the amenities and accommodations like?
Amenities and Accommodations
As mentioned, amenities and accommodations are important factors when preparing to go to rehab. This is especially true if you are used to a certain level of service and luxury in your normal, daily life. At Seasons in Malibu, some of the amenities and accommodations you can look forward to include:
- Ocean views
- Luxurious, private rooms with balconies and fireplaces
- Gorgeous common areas
- Heated, resort-style pool
- Laundry and maid service
- Gourmet meals prepared daily by a chef
Treatment Programs at Drug Rehab in Los Angeles
When preparing to go to rehab, you should know more about the treatment program that is being offered to you. Drug rehab and depression rehab in Los Angeles are conditions that should be treated individually. Cookie-cutter treatment programs might not give you everything that your conditions require.
At Seasons Malibu, you can expect the following from rehab:
- Independent medical assessment and medical management
- Detoxification from the drugs in active use
- Evaluation and diagnosis of the individual
- Assessment and diagnosis of the family
- Restorative therapies such as acupuncture and massage
- Trauma assessment and trauma-related therapies
- Relapse prevention training and basic drug and neurobiology education
- Four systemic treatment projects including a body map, genogram, timeline, and exit plan
- Individual psychotherapy
- Family System Intervention, assessment, and recommendation for treatment.
- Systemic Family Treatment including education, process, and experiential components
- Introduction to and support for the recovery community
- Presentation of readiness to leave treatment to the staff and other clients
- Graduation presentation
- Follow-ups on aftercare planning
- Returns to campus post-treatment for alumni events quarterly
- Weekly alumni conference phone calls
- Opportunities to intern and volunteer at the main campus or from home
Cost of Drug Rehab Centers
The cost of drug rehab centers varies from facility to facility. Luxury top-rated drug rehabs have a higher price tag, but in turn, you are receiving the many benefits noted throughout this blog. In addition, insurance may be able to help cover the cost of your stay. To verify your insurance, call us at 866-478-4901 or click here to fill out the form.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, every dollar invested in addiction treatment programs yields a return of between $4 and $7 in reduced drug-related crime, criminal justice costs, and theft. When savings related to healthcare are included, total savings can exceed costs by a ratio of 12 to 1. Major savings to the individual and to society also stem from fewer interpersonal conflicts; greater workplace productivity; and fewer drug-related accidents, including overdoses and deaths.
What Rehab is Like at Seasons in Malibu
At Seasons In Malibu, the healing process begins when you arrive at our top-rated drug rehab. You will immediately undergo a medical assessment to determine the detox treatment method appropriate, and your individualized treatment plan begins.
You will then be reassessed every week, and your treatment plan will be modified according to your progress. Each of our patients is constantly and carefully monitored, so any problems (such as symptoms of alcoholism) are addressed immediately as they appear.
The more you know about the rehab you attend, the better you will feel once you step foot in the door. The first day of the rest of your sober, healthy life awaits, and our admissions team is standing by to give you all the information you need. Treatment at Seasons in Malibu is systemic, integrative, and client-centered. We are thoroughly familiar with the strength and courage it takes to pick up the phone and ask for help. Our counselors are invested in your well-being and are ready around the clock to guide you or a trusted friend or family member through the initial steps of overcoming drug or alcohol addiction.
With our outstanding team of clinicians, we can succinctly pinpoint those areas of focus that will give the client the most advanced opportunity for success. Our approach towards healing is collaborative, comprehensive, and committed.
For more information, visit seasonsmalibu.com.