Rehab Or Treatment: What’s The Difference and Which One Is Right For You?
Treatment for addiction recovery can seem complex, with a million different options. Addiction is a condition that affects everyone differently; therefore, not all treatment methods will work on every person. With so much at stake—relationships, career, health, life, family, and more—it can seem overwhelming trying to figure out where to start and where to get help. One of the essential things to understand is the difference between rehab and treatment and discovering which one is right for you.
Understanding Treatment for Addiction Recovery
Treatment for addiction recovery refers to the many different methods of overcoming addiction in a clinical setting. Some of the treatment methods for addiction recovery include:
- Medicated-assisted detox. One of the first steps in addiction recovery is becoming physically sober. Depending on the substance, length of addiction, and severity of addiction, this experience varies. Luckily, the safest and most comfortable way to get sober and detox from substances is by medicated-assisted detox.
- Group therapy. An essential aspect of addiction recovery is group therapy. Bonding with like-minded people, sharing stories, exchanging advice, and learning healthy relationship and friendship skills are all critical in overcoming addiction.
- One-on-one therapy. Working with a therapist on your specific addiction, triggers, underlying causes, and more is essential in treatment for addiction. Cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and more are some examples of one-on-one therapy methods.
- Individualized treatment. Your addiction is unique, and so are your needs and the way you will successfully overcome it. Some drug and alcohol treatment centers offer cookie-cutter treatment plans, such as the 12 Steps. Other treatment centers, such as ours, offer individualized treatment plans.
- Holistic treatment. Treatment for addiction isn’t all about therapy and speaking with a counselor. It is also about treating the mind, body, and spirit. Learning healthy coping mechanisms, hobbies, healthy eating, staying active, and much more is learned through holistic treatment for addiction.
- Aftercare treatment. Putting a plan in place for what happens when you leave the drug and alcohol treatment center is essential. The work will be ongoing, which means you need a plan for what you will be doing, what your intentions are, what to do when you run into certain triggers, a relapse plan, and much more.
Understanding Rehab at Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers
Rehab refers to the place in which an individual can receive treatment for addiction. There are two different types of rehab, including inpatient and outpatient. Finding the best drug and alcohol rehab centers can seem overwhelming, but answering these few questions can help you narrow it down:
- What is my budget? Your budget will help determine if you can be at a luxury rehab or a standard rehab, as well if you are able to pay for a long-term stay with residential care. You can also check with your insurance to see what kind of coverage for rehab they allow, or give us a call, and we can check for you.
- Is my addiction severe? If your addiction is severe, inpatient rehab is ideal for you. If your addiction is not severe, is new, or you fear a relapse is impending, outpatient may be right for you. If you are unsure, inpatient treatment is always the sure way to go.
- Do I want to stay near home? Work and family responsibilities may force you to stay at home or near home. However, if you are able to leave home and get away from your triggering environment, this is ideal.
About Seasons in Malibu, Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers
The Seasons in Malibu luxury rehab center provides a comprehensive drug and alcohol non-12-step rehab treatment program. Our systemic approach works with each individual to assess underlying causes, and to develop a plan for treatment and aftercare.
Located on a beautiful campus in Malibu, Seasons offers a drug rehabilitation experience designed to make patients comfortable and help them focus on their recovery. Top-quality chefs, luxury amenities, and a pristine three-acre campus overlooking the beach make Seasons in Malibu the ideal place for individuals to make life-changing progress in overcoming addiction.
All new residents are assigned a caring and compassionate Client Advocate (CA). The CA helps each resident stick to their path toward long-term recovery and sobriety. Are you or your loved one ready to do the work, make the commitment, and accept the life-altering treatment that will improve your life and your future? At Seasons in Malibu, we are confident that you will successfully attain long-term sobriety.
Benefits of treatment include:
- Assessment for trauma and related therapies
- Acupuncture, massage, and other restorative therapies
- Basic education in neurobiology and drug effects
- Four treatment plans, including a timeline, a genogram, a body map, and an exit plan
- Intensive psychotherapy in a one-on-one setting
- Work on root causes through hypnotherapy
- Cutting edge treatments like Brain Spotting
- Ocean Adventure experiences, like kayaking, surfing, and swimming
- Supportive recovery community introductions
- Each client makes a readiness-to-leave-treatment presentation in front of staff and fellow clients
Our superior team of clinicians is able to succinctly pinpoint your areas of focus that will give you the most advanced opportunity for success. Our approach towards healing is collaborative, comprehensive, and committed.
For more information, visit seasonsmalibu.com