Anxiety Disorders Treatment
Generalized Anxiety Disorder
People with generalized anxiety disorder display excessive anxiety or worry for months and face several anxiety symptoms.
Generalized anxiety symptoms include:
- Restlessness or feeling wound-up or on edge
- Being easily fatigued
- Difficulty concentrating or having their minds go blank
- Muscle tension
- Difficulty controlling the worry
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep
People with a panic disorder have recurrent unexpected panic attacks, which are sudden periods of intense fear that may include palpitations, pounding heart, or accelerated heart rate.
Additional symptoms of a panic disorder include:
- Trembling or shaking
- Sensations of shortness of breath
- A feeling of impending doom
- Feelings of being out of control during a panic attack
- Intense worries about when the next attack will happen
Social Anxiety Disorder
People with social anxiety disorder, also called social phobia, have a marked fear of social or performance situations in which they expect to feel embarrassed, judged, rejected, or fearful of offending others.
Social anxiety disorder symptoms include:
- Feeling highly anxious about being with other people and
- Having a challenging time talking to others
- Feeling very self-conscious in front of other people and
- Feeling worried about feeling humiliated, embarrassed, rejected, or fearful of offending others
- Being very afraid that other people will judge them
- Worrying for days or weeks before an event where other people will be
- Staying away from places where there are other people
- Difficulty making friends and keeping friends
- Blushing, sweating, or trembling around other people
- Feeling nauseous or sick to your stomach when other people are around
No matter the form of anxiety, a comprehensive anxiety therapy program can help people feel more at ease. Reach out to Seasons in Malibu if you or a loved one might benefit from treatment at our anxiety rehab center.
Choose Seasons for an Outstanding Anxiety Treatment Program in Malibu
A common coping mechanism for dealing with anxiety symptoms is using street drugs, alcohol, or harmful prescription drugs. All too often, this type of coping can lead to debilitating addiction that can lead to poor quality of life without intervention from drug and alcohol treatment centers. If you or someone you love is facing anxiety and addiction, our Seasons in Malibu team is ready to help. Learn more about our anxiety treatment center in Malibu today by calling 424.235.2009 or emailing us at email@example.com.