Depression can sometimes be difficult to spot in many individuals. The symptoms of depression can look very different from one individual to another. Like most behavioral disorders, it is crucial to pay attention to changes in your baseline functioning. The onset of depression can vary depending on a precipitating event, the introduction of substance use to mask the symptoms, or genetic pre-dispositions that can contribute to deficits in your daily life. If you are curious about whether you or a loved one are suffering from depression, our Seasons in Malibu team can help.
Our depression treatment program in Malibu helps ease the effects of this disorder and get our clients back on the right track. For more information about our depression treatment program in Malibu, contact Seasons in Malibu online or call us at 424.235.2009. Our team is standing by to provide any answers you might have about our depression treatment program in Malibu.
Early Signs of Depression
Once the initial signs of depression present themselves, the best course of action is to enroll in treatment in a depression rehab center.
Some signs of depression include:
- Loss of interest in activities you would usually enjoy
- Changes in sleep patterns, either sleeping more or less than usual
- Uncontrollable tearfulness or marked changes in your mood
- Irritability or difficulty focusing or paying attention
- Excessive feelings of guilt or shame
- Changes in energy, loss of enthusiasm, or feeling unusually lethargic and unmotivated
- Changes in appetite, or unusual weight loss or gain
- Thoughts that revolve around self-harm
- Feelings of hopelessness and helplessness
Severe Impacts of Depression
Although everyone experiences depression differently, some of the severe impacts of depression include:
- Loss of job
- Loss of relationships
- Loneliness or isolation
- Poor coping skills and inability to attend to daily activities
- Family problems and the potential for the family transmission process
- Increase in substance use
- Lack of hygiene
Unfortunately, if depression goes untreated, it can lead some people to suicide. If you or a loved one is in crisis, call 911 immediately. Once the depression has been stabilized, it is best to reach out to professionals for depression treatment and depression therapy programs.
Seasons in Malibu’s Depression Therapy Program
Our Seasons in Malibu team understands the severity of mental health disorders and works diligently to provide cutting-edge, evidence-based depression therapy with comprehensive assessments, medication management, and holistic services geared towards your individual needs.
Mental health intervention cannot be treated the same way for each individual. Your background, family history, current support system, co-occurring issues, trauma, and baseline functioning all have to be independently evaluated and taken into consideration with determining the right plan for you. Our Seasons in Malibu team does not just make the client better, but we give the client the best rehab experience and support the healthiest level of functioning.
Our depression treatment center in Malibu helps with symptom management that utilizes emotional coping techniques, along with medication management if needed, which can facilitate a speedy recovery and a higher quality of life.
Our clients will experience the benefits of depression treatment, including:
- An increase in energy, motivation, concentration
- Improved relationships and facilitating communication with loved ones
- Getting to the root of why depression occurred
- Insight and awareness to minimize further harm to self or others
Begin to Heal with Seasons’ Depression Treatment Program in Malibu
At Seasons in Malibu, our team recognizes that depression is a medical disorder and not just someone “feeling down.” That’s why our depression treatment program in Malibu provides comprehensive care that gives people the tools they need to embrace their lives. Find out more about our holistic approach to depression treatment today by calling Seasons in Malibu at 424.235.2009 or emailing us at email@example.com.