Professional and Executive Drug Rehab Treatment Program – Malibu, CA
The Professionals Drug and Alcohol Treatment Program at Seasons in Malibu (PTP) is designed to address the therapeutic needs of professionals and executives who have been diagnosed with a Substance-Related or Addictive Disorder (DSM-5) and require a residential drug treatment program. The PTP in beautiul Malibu, CA offers the licensed professional / executuve an exceptional level of residential care in a calm, professional, supportive and intimate milieu. The program is ideal for any professional whose substance use has negatively affected his or her health, family and overall wellbeing. The drug treatment program also addresses the demands and pressures placed on licensed professionals by guiding them towards a process of addiction recovery and facilitating their efforts in returning to professional practice.
Effective Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Program
Our Drug and Alcohol Program also addresses co-occurring addictive behaviors and mental health issues and provides exceptional support for spouses, significant others, children and other family members.
Drug & Alcohol Treatment Facility for Professionals and Executives: Malibu, CA - Los Angeles
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Behavioral Health Clinicians
- Airline Pilots
- Members of the Clergy
- Executive / CEO's
- Other Business Professionals
Rehabilitation & Drug Addiction Treatment - Evaluation, Detoxification and Stabilization
Upon admission to the Professionals Treatment Program, each patient will complete a thorough medical assessment and, if needed, detoxification. Once medically stable, the patient will undergo a multidisciplinary evaluation to establish their diagnosis (per DSM-5). Then, using the current American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) criteria guidelines, the patient and our Malibu treatment team will develop an initial treatment plan. The patient's treatment team, consisting of experienced and highly trained medical and clinical professionals, will assist the patient in meeting agreed upon treatment goals including those tasks required for their eventual return to work.
Some of the basic elements of our Professionals Durg Treatment & Alcohol Rehab Program include:
- Medically supervised detoxification (i.e., withdrawal management).
- Comprehensive medical, psychiatric, psychosocial, psychological and cognitive functioning evaluations.
- Involvement and support of family members throughout treatment.
- Ongoing communication with referents, family members, continuing care providers and, when needed, legal counsel.
- Weekly treatment team meetings to assess the individual's progress in treatment, including her or his need for medical and psychiatric care.
- Participation in a treatment milieu that emphasizes the importance of 12-Step recovery, but which also includes a broad range of additional evidence-based therapies..
- Enrollment in post-treatment therapeutic monitoring prior to discharge.
- Return to work preparation and advocacy.
Type of Drug & Alcohol Treatments
During the early phase of treatment, each patient will learn that the phenomenon of addiction is a progressive and multifaceted process involving not only substance use, but genetics, bio-physiology and psychosocial vulnerabilities. This phase of treatment is designed to educate the patient about the nature of substance-related and addictive disorders. During this phase of treatment, we support the patient as they explore how their substance use has adversely affected their personal and professional lives, as well as the lives of those for whom they love and care.
As the patient begins to understand and internalize their powerlessness over addictive substances, the remainder of the treatment stay is designed to help each patient identify the emotional, spiritual, intellectual and interpersonal underpinnings of their desire to use alcohol and/or mood and mind altering substances, and to help guide them towards long-term sobriety.
In order to accomplish this, we offer a safe, supportive and respectful drug treatment & rehab environment which includes:
- One-on-one therapy with a doctoral level primary therapist at least twice a week.
- Medical and psychiatric care at least once a week by highly qualified physicians.
- Twice weekly reviews with an assigned masters level case manager.
- Weekly review of the patient's progress by an experienced 10-person treatment team.
- Regular updates with referents.
- Customized treatment plans with clearly defined goals, objectives and interventions.
- Professional topic groups.
- Nutritional and spiritual counseling.
- Weekly family therapy sessions, either in person or via Skype.
- Daily exercise and access to holistic modalities like massage and acupuncture.
- Post-treatment continuing care planning.
- Return-to-work recommendations.
Throughout the patient's treatment stay, the treatment team will be actively engaged in identifying the particulars regarding the patient's post-treatment monitoring and continuing care needs. These plans are finalized well before discharge and typically include referrals to any needed medical, psychiatric or psychological care. They will include recommendations regarding therapeutic monitoring, fitness-for-duty and suggestions regarding the ongoing support needs for family members, employers and colleagues. Finally, we recommend that each professional participate in a mutual support group dedicated to helping newly sober members of their professional community (e.g., Caduceus and International Doctors in Alcoholics Anonymous, Birds of a Feather, The Other Bar, etc.).
A Few Words Regarding Length of Stay
For the licensed professional in a safety-sensitive occupation, the type, length and quality of substance related and addictive disorder treatment is perhaps the most important question facing the professional in need of help. We urge you to give yourself the gift of a treatment experience that will afford you the time, support, direction and therapeutic modalities you need to regain your physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual wellbeing. For our part, we will use the American Society of Addiction Medicine's (ASAM) criteria, in concert with the recommendations or expectations of your licensing body, employer or professional health program, to ensure that your therapeutic needs have been met during treatment stay. With this in mind, lengths of stay for professionals at Seasons in Malibu vary from detoxification and short-term stabilization only, to 45 to 90 days.
If you or a loved one is struggling with alcoholism or addiction, please call one of our caring, admissions counselors now for a free, no-obligation and confidential conversation about how Seasons in Malibu can help.