General Education and Mental Health Scholarship
To raise awareness as to the causes, consequences and treatment of addiction, Seasons in Malibu, an addiction treatment center, is seeking to reward essay applicants $1,500 in scholarships- for students entering college or already enrolled in a higher education institution.
The aim of the scholarship is to bring attention as to why addiction, in various forms, is becoming more prevalent in our society and how can we address the issue of an increasing number of people dealing with addiction.
The scholarship is open to any major who can shed light on this issue. It may be a personal story that you can share or a more researched essay.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in either High School, University or College as a full-time student (2020-2021 school year). There will be 2 contest submission dates. To be eligible for the contest submit your essay by one the submission dates.
Round 1: January 1st – May 31st
Winners Announced July 1, 2023
Round 2: July 1st – November 30th
Winners Announced December 31st, 2023
QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED IN YOUR ESSAY / APPLICATION
- Why do you believe we as a nation are dealing with an addiction crisis?
- What are the consequences of this addiction for the individual and society?
- How can we remedy the crisis on both the individual and societal level?
Participating in our annual scholarship constitutes your consent to use personal information for the purposes of offering the scholarship and reporting to the appropriate tax authorities. We will not share your personal information to any other persons or entities, or use your personal information for marketing purposes.
- 2022 Addiction Awareness Scholarship Campaign – The scholarship was awarded to Aminah Mozeh
- 2021 Addiction Awareness Scholarship Campaign (Round 2) The scholarship prize was awarded to Katrina Ariel Sammons.
- 2021 Addiction Awareness Scholarship Campaign (Round 1) The scholarship prize was awarded to Cindy Brewer.
- 2020 Addiction Awareness Scholarship Campaign (Round 2) The scholarship prize was awarded to Milissa Burkey.
- 2020 Addiction Awareness Scholarship Campaign (Round 1) The scholarship prize was awarded to Oluchi Nweke.
2018: Brooke Thorson, Marquette University, Psychology 2018 Major