When Should I Call SAMHSA vs a Rehab Center?
While you’re on your journey of finding help for yourself of a loved one, you may come across many resources from a website called SAMHSA. Keep reading to find out more about SAMHSA, how they differ from a rehab center, and when it is appropriate to call SAMHSA vs good rehab centers when getting the help you need for addiction.
SAMHSA vs a Rehab Center: What is SAMHSA?
SAMHSA, which stands for The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA’s mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities.
In addition, Congress established the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) in 1992 to make substance use and mental disorder information, services, and research more accessible with the mission of reducing the impact of substance misuse and mental illness on America’s communities.
How to Contact SAMHSA
The National Helpline provides 24-hour free and confidential referrals and information about mental and/or substance use disorders, prevention, treatment, and recovery in English and Spanish.
SAMHSA’s National Helpline
For additional information on finding help and treatment options, visit www.samhsa.gov/find-treatment.
For general questions about SAMHSA, including information about mental and substance use disorders:
What is a Rehab Center?
A rehab center is a facility in which individuals suffering from addiction are able to receive help for their disorders and co-occurring disorders. Good rehab centers will include medication-assisted detox, various types of treatment modalities, a family program, and aftercare assistance.
There are two types of rehab centers, including:
- Inpatient treatment in which the client would move into the center for a period of 30, 60, or 90 days for a fully-submersive treatment plan. This helps remove the individual from their regular triggers and regular everyday life to build the skills and tools in order to return home.
- Outpatient treatment in which the client comes to the center every day for meetings and therapy instead of living in the facility. This could be a good option for less severe addictions or individuals with heavy family or work responsibilities.
How to Find the Right Rehab Center
Finding the right rehab center can seem difficult as there are so many to choose from. Between whether or not to choose a luxury rehab, whether or not to travel out of state for rehab, or whether to do inpatient or outpatient treatment, it can seem overwhelming. However, it is important that the rehab center you choose includes the following, all of which are available at Seasons in Malibu:
- Detox. One of the most important parts of becoming sober is just that – becoming sober. Drugs and alcohol offer debilitating withdrawal symptoms that can cause relapses. Going through this detox process comfortably and under medical supervision helps ensure better chances for recovery.
- Individualized treatment plans. There is no disease that two people suffer from in which the symptoms, treatment, and care plans are exactly the same. As such, a good rehab center should offer individualized treatment programs for your specific needs.
- Holistic and evidence-based treatment. Addiction treatment is about much more than simply becoming sober. It is about treating the mind, body, and soul — making holistic treatment just as important as evidence-based treatment.
- A caring facility. Everything from the house itself to the staff, to the sheets of the bed you sleep in should be the best of the best, handled with care and attention to detail. This adds to the overall quality of your stay as well as reduces stress levels to give you a great start on your journey to recovery.
About Seasons in Malibu
At Seasons In Malibu, the healing process begins at the moment you arrive at our drug rehab in Malibu. Patients immediately undergo a medical assessment to determine the detox treatment method appropriate for him or her. We at Seasons believe in the principle of “individualized treatment,” so the first thing we do is establish the right medication and therapy for each patient through an assessment process.
Patients are then reassessed every week and their treatment plan is modified according to their progress. Each of our patients is constantly and carefully monitored so any problems are addressed immediately as they appear. A Client Advocate, personally assigned to each patient, individually manages the clients’ treatment program and is responsible for the execution of each of the components of the treatment plan.
Seasons In Malibu is in the business of saving lives; whether you are a student, a CEO, a parent, or a celebrity, you are welcome at our California rehab center and your recovery will be treated with the utmost discretion. Seasons promotes a diverse culture within our facilities because of the diverse population within each of them. People from all walks of life are welcome to grab a piece of hope that we offer all those who have found the challenges of life a little too overwhelming. Let us help you change your life for the better at Seasons Recovery Centers.
For more information, visit seasonsmalibu.com