What to Look for in Treatment During COVID
Finding the right treatment center for your addiction recovery is a huge task, and is one of the most important decisions you can make along your journey. Pair this with a global pandemic, and you may be starting to feel a little lost as to what to look for in treatment during COVID-19. Keep reading for some helpful questions to ask along the way, and how you can make the most of your time in treatment during COVID.
What to Look for in Treatment During COVID: Are They Following Guidelines?
Seasons in Malibu is a California State licensed healthcare facility, and just like a hospital, we are authorized to accept and treat patients in need of care during this time. That is why it is so important to make sure that the facility you are considering is following guidelines to not only be open during this time, but also to safely accept patients.
Questions you might want to ask include:
- Will I need to be tested for COVID?
- Are staff members tested for COVID?
- What is the screening process like for visitors?
- Are visitors allowed?
- Is the facility following CDC Guidelines?
- Will I need to wear a mask?
Is It Near Home, or Will I Travel?
While you’re figuring out what to look for in treatment during COVID, it is important to decide whether you want to stay close to home or if you will need to travel to the facility. Of course, traveling right now is a high-risk activity, but it is up to you to weigh the pros and cons of each.
- Staying near home: If you choose a treatment facility near you, the good news is that you do not need to take part in the high-risk activity of traveling. This can be beneficial to your health and your family’s health. However, you still may be too close and distracted by your triggers by staying near home.
- Traveling. Even though you will need to take part in the high-risk activity of traveling, you can take health safety measures such as wearing a mask and keeping clean for your journey as best as you can. You will be able to have the benefit of leaving your triggers and removing yourself from your environment, however, it is not likely your family will be able to visit.
What Is The Support Like?
Support is one of the most important parts of recovery, so this is a very important question to ask when you’re finding what to look for in treatment during COVID. You will want to find out if the facility accepts visitors, how the family program works, and if digital technology will largely be used instead of face-to-face time with loved ones.
Aside from support from family and friends, you will want to see what the support surrounding your care will be like. This includes:
- Detox treatment. Is the facility still able to acquire and administer the same medicine as usual for their on-site detox treatment?
- Group therapy. Being able to connect with others in recovery is extremely important. What types of measures are being taken to ensure group therapy is safe and supportive during COVID?
- One on one therapy. Connecting with your therapist and being able to dive deep into what’s going on is one of the most important parts of a successful recovery. Ask the treatment center what types of measures are being taken to ensure safe and beneficial one-on-one therapy sessions for both the client and the therapists.
How Are Activities Affected?
Holistic activities are an important part of recovery while being used in conjunction with evidence-based therapy. As such, it is important to find out what types of holistic activities you are still able to take part in and which you are not. It is important to remember that as business guidelines and social health guidelines start to change and shift, these might change as well.
Examples of holistic activities include:
- Beach walks
- Cooking classes
- Nutrition therapy
- Art therapy
- Personal trainers
- Martial arts
About Seasons in Malibu
No matter what you look for in treatment during COVID, the important thing is that you are going. There is no better place to be in such a time of uncertainty than around experts who can help you through it.
It is a priority for us that our life-changing drug and alcohol treatment be available to the people who need it. We are fully familiar with how much strength and courage it takes to pick up the phone and ask for help. Our counselors are invested in your well-being and are ready around-the-clock to guide you or a trusted friend or family member through the initial steps of overcoming drug or alcohol addiction.
Luxury rehab centers offer more than just a comfortable setting. They resemble resorts, with private bedrooms, delicious and balanced meals, and many activities to keep you busy in your spare time. One of the most significant differences with luxury rehab is the personal attention you will receive from staff. While traditional rehab centers may be understaffed, luxury rehabs have more than enough recovery experts to help you through the process. Rather than fitting you in to tight schedules, they will have plenty of time for you, and may even be available for impromptu chats.
With our superior team of clinicians, we are able to succinctly pinpoint those areas of focus which will give the client the most advanced opportunity for success. Our approach towards healing is collaborative, comprehensive and committed.
For more information, visit seasonsmalibu.com