Malibu Alcohol Rehab Center Helps You Understand Abuse Symptoms
If you are wondering if you or loved one is in need of a Malibu alcohol rehab center like Seasons in Malibu, you may not be quite sure of the best way to go about getting treatment. Seasons of Malibu is a state of the art treatment center in California designed to help people with alcohol or drug addiction problems.
If you or a friend or loved one are exhibiting any of these signs, then it is advisable to go to a Malibu alcohol rehab center to get assessed right away. The signs are as follows:
Signs you Need Help from Malibu Alcohol Rehab Center
There are several clear signs of alcohol dependence or addiction that warrant entering a treatment program at a Malibu alcohol rehab center like those available at Seasons in Malibu. These signs to watch out for are:
- Having problems at work or at school after drinking such as not showing up or being late all the time
- You find yourself drinking while doing dangerous things like driving a car or operating machinery
- You had a blackout or can’t remember things that happened after a night of drinking
- You have been arrested while under the influence for doing something like fighting
- You have hurt others as result of your drinking
- Your friends or family are worried about your drinking habit
- You need to drink more and more to feel the effects
- You can’t control the amount of alcohol you drink
- You gave up everything else you love so you can spend your money on alcohol
- You get withdrawal symptoms if you don’t drink, like nausea, shakes, sweating or anxiety
- You drink alone
- You have health problems due to drinking
- Drinking makes you feel guilty, so you hide the fact you are drinking or buy alcohol at different places
Teen Signs of Alcohol Dependence are Different than Adults
Doctors have discovered that there are certain differences seen in adults and teens when looking for evidence of alcohol dependence. For instance, in adults, binge drinking is considered for a man to be drinking five or more drinks in two hours or for a woman drinking four or more drinks in two hours. However, teens have smaller bodies so they may fit the description of binge drinking with only three drinks.
Signs to Look for in Teen Alcoholics
It’s still vital to look for symptoms in teens to see if they need treatment at a Malibu alcohol rehab center, such as these possible signs:
- Poor grooming habits, bad hygiene
- Finding alcohol in their room or smelling it on clothing
- Bloodshot eyes, slurred speech, tremors, etc.
- Locked doors, avoiding eye contact and refusing to talk about friends
- Mood changes, suspicious behavior
- Missing school or bad grades
- Getting into trouble, fighting, arguing
These are some of the signs you or your teen may need to seek treatment at a Malibu alcohol rehab center like Seasons in Malibu to end an addiction.