When finding the right drug or alcohol treatment program for you, you may find that you could have better results with an IOP, also known as an intensive outpatient program. Choosing an IOP isn’t the right choice for everybody, but it can still provide great, long-lasting results for those who complete it. Learn more about our intensive outpatient program or our addiction treatment programs in general at Seasons Malibu by calling 424.235.2009 today.
What Is an IOP?
An IOP is an intensive outpatient program. Instead of moving into the facility and living with us for a period of time in our residential program, the IOP allows the individual to go home at the end of the day. The word “intensive” is part of the name of the program, making sure to highlight the fact that you will still be immersed in an all-day experience. However, you will also be able to tend to responsibilities at home or at work at the same time as receiving treatment. This can be ideal for many people in many situations, however, it is important to make sure it is right for you.
An intensive outpatient program might be right for you if:
- You live locally
- A strong support system, especially at home, is able to be with you and keep you accountable
- Your addiction is not severe or has not been going on for a long time
- You have been to residential treatment before, especially recently
- Relapse has not occurred yet, but you are worried it might
What to Expect in an IOP
The IOP at Seasons Malibu is different for every individual because we offer customized treatment plans. Upon entering our facility, you will meet with our team to undergo an initial assessment. This will guide us to providing you with an individualized treatment plan to meet your needs, compromised of:
- Medically supervised detox
- Comprehensive medical, psychiatric, psychosocial, psychological, and cognitive functioning evaluations
- Involvement and support of family members throughout treatment
- Ongoing communication with referents, family members, continuing care providers, and, when needed, legal counsel
- Weekly treatment team meetings to assess the individual’s progress in treatment, including the need for medical and psychiatric care.
- Participation in a treatment program that emphasizes the importance of 12-Step recovery, but also includes a broad range of additional evidence-based therapies
- Enrollment in post-treatment therapeutic monitoring before discharge
- Return to work preparation and advocacy
Our doctors and therapists are experts in the field of addiction. You will be assigned a case manager who coordinates your stay and facilitates the information between all of the medical professionals working with you. You will also be assigned a primary therapist, who will guide you through your IOP journey and address issues such as:
- Patters of behavior
- Coping skills
A Typical Day in an IOP
An IOP includes many components each day. A sample daily IOP program schedule includes events like:
- Process group
- Individual session with case manager
- Individual session with primary therapist
- Relapse prevention group
- Emotional release group
- Outside recovery meeting
- 10th step group
We also offer a three-day intensive family weekend of therapy and refresher courses on healthy familial coping and relationship skills. Lastly, we offer a team of experienced practitioners in supportive therapies such as integrative yoga therapy, massage, and traditional Chinese medicine to help ease stress levels and connect your mind and body.
Get the IOP Treatment You Need From Seasons in Malibu
Everyone experiences addiction differently. As such, everyone experiences addiction treatment differently. Your addiction may not require a hospital stay or residential treatment. You might just need a refresher during a tough time, ongoing care after leaving residential treatment, or are treating a relapse as soon as it begins—all of which can be treated through an intensive outpatient program. Whatever your needs are, there’s a program for you at Seasons in Malibu.
Our intensive outpatient program in Malibu has the flexibility to organize and schedule our treatment program around the needs of your life so that your life does not have to stop while you get better. Additionally, our inpatient program works with most major insurance companies to ensure that you pay as little out of pocket as possible.
It’s a priority for us that our life-changing drug and alcohol treatment be available to the people who need it, no matter what their needs are. We are thoroughly familiar with the strength and courage it takes to pick up the phone and ask for help. Our counselors are invested in your well-being and are ready around the clock to guide you or a trusted friend or family member through the initial steps of overcoming drug or alcohol addiction.