Types of Treatment Programs for Drug and Alcohol Rehab
You will learn many things throughout treatment for drugs and alcohol as you work toward long-lasting recovery. One of them is the many choices for the treatment of drugs and alcohol. There is no single path toward sobriety, which is why it is known as a journey. What has worked for one person may not work for the next, and an individual can go through many avenues before finally finding what they can click with. Luckily, drug and alcohol rehabs offer many types of treatment programs for drug and alcohol rehab, eliminating the risk and need for multiple trips to rehab. Keep reading to learn more about the many options for addiction recovery and what types of treatment are available.
Individualized Options for Addiction Recovery
No matter what condition you are suffering from, your doctor would never recommend the same course of treatment for every one of their patients. Your doctor would tailor a treatment program specific to your needs, underlying medical conditions, medical history, family history, and much more. The same goes for addiction recovery—it is an individual journey that requires individual care.
A broad outline of individualized treatment includes:
- Independent medical assessment and medical management
- Detoxification from the drugs in active use
- Evaluation and diagnosis of the individual
- Evaluation and diagnosis of the family
- Restorative therapies such as acupuncture and massage
- Trauma assessment and trauma-related therapies
- Relapse prevention training and basic drug and neurobiology education
- Four systemic treatment projects including a body map, genogram, timeline, and exit plan
- Individual psychotherapy
- Family System Intervention, assessment, and recommendation for treatment.
- Systemic Family Treatment, including education, process, and experiential components
- Introduction to and support for the recovery community
- Presentation of readiness to leave treatment to the staff and other clients
- Graduation presentation
- Follow-ups on aftercare planning
- Returns to campus post-treatment for alumni events quarterly
- Weekly alumni conference phone calls
- Opportunities to intern and volunteer at the main campus or from home
One of the options for addiction recovery is evidence-based therapy. Think about how Tums helps with heartburn. No matter who you are, you can take Tums and find relief. How many Tums you take, how often you take them, and how you alter your diet to avoid the Tums is where the individualized care comes in. At the core of it, Tums is evidence-based in that it will work. Similarly, evidence-based therapies in the treatment of addiction are at the core of your recovery protocol. These include:
- Family treatment
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dual Diagnosis
- Root Cause Treatment
- And more
In addition to evidence-based treatment, one of the options for addiction recovery includes holistic therapy. The concept behind holistic addiction treatment is that you treat a person’s overall well-being rather than just one aspect of their health. Holistic treatment means treating the whole person instead of just addressing specific symptoms related to their disease. Making sure a person is healthy in all aspects of their life is the best way to help them maintain permanent sobriety.
- Guided meditation
- Massage therapy
- Exercise and nutrition programs
- Art therapy
- Reiki or energy work
- Herbal medicines
Types of Drug Rehabs
In addition to the many options for addiction recovery, there are many different types of drug rehabs depending on your needs, the length, and severity of your addiction, and how much support you have.
Types of drug rehabs include:
- Inpatient Rehab. Inpatient rehab is the ideal addiction treatment. It allows you to remove yourself from your environment and triggers while learning new coping skills without drugs or alcohol. It will enable the best chances for long-term recovery.
- Outpatient Rehab. If your addiction is not severe, or you have just finished treatment at inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab could be right for you. It is the same as inpatient rehab, although you can return home at the end of the day. This route is ideal for those with a healthy support system and who are low-risk for relapse.
- Luxury Drug Rehab. Resort-style grounds, pools, ocean views, gourmet meals, maid service, top-tier addiction professionals, and living the Malibu lifestyle are available through luxury drug rehab.
About Seasons in Malibu
There are many different spokes on the wheel of addiction recovery. Going to a luxury drug and alcohol rehab facility that offers the flexibility of individualized treatment gives you the best chances possible for long-term sobriety. Choosing a rehab facility that offers only one type of treatment gives you an elevated risk of relapse. Treatment at Seasons in Malibu is systemic, integrative, and client-centered.
Within a short time after arrival at our facility, you will have a medical assessment done by one of our MDs. They will supervise any detoxification required and give our staff and the client-specific instructions regarding their detox. Our staff will take the doctor’s orders and execute them with attention to detail and care. You will be assigned a treatment team of doctors, psychologists, and holistic practitioners to meet frequently to focus on your treatment program. They will constantly be honing and fine-tuning your program for maximum effect to speed you on your way to long-term sobriety.
With our outstanding team of clinicians, we can succinctly pinpoint those areas of focus that will give the client the most advanced opportunity for success. Our approach towards healing is collaborative, comprehensive, and committed.
For more information, visit seasonsmalibu.com.