How Do You Get Help for a Secret Alcohol Addiction?
Suffering from a secret alcohol addiction is a very lonely affliction. On the outside, it might seem like you have it all. A thriving career, a beautiful family, hobbies, and all responsibilities are taken care of. However, on the inside, you are suffering from a life-threatening condition that you can’t break away from. If alcohol has taken over your life and you suffer from a secret alcohol addiction, you are not alone. Keep reading to learn more about high-functioning alcoholism, why support is so essential to recovery, and how to get help at luxury alcohol treatment centers.
Understanding High-Functioning Alcoholism
High-functioning alcoholism is exactly what it sounds like: Being able to function and perform daily tasks without exhibiting the full range of clinical impairments one would usually expect to see from someone battling alcoholism.
When you think of needing help for alcoholism, you may think about someone who has hit rock bottom. Lost their job, lost their family and suffered from such turmoil in their lives to where they have nowhere else to go except for one of the many alcohol rehab centers. However, for high-functioning alcoholics, this is not the case. High-functioning alcoholics do not exhibit all of the symptoms of alcohol use disorder, but they do show some. This makes it easy to hide their drinking and live with a secret alcohol addiction.
Signs of Secret Alcoholism
The signs and symptoms of secret alcoholism include:
- Inability to stop or slow use
- Lying about the amount of drinking
- Hiding alcohol
- Drinking alcohol at inappropriate times of the day
- Feeling hungover almost every day
- Cravings for alcohol affecting mood
- Negative effects on home, career, or social life
- Missing out on important occasions
- Frequently drinking to the point of blacking out
Why Support is Important to Recovery
Alcohol addiction and admitting that you need help can feel very lonely. Due to the stigma surrounding rehab centers, it may seem impossible to admit to your loved ones that you need help. You might want to find a secret, discreet way to get help without anyone knowing.
Privacy at Seasons in Malibu is taken very seriously. Treatment with us at our luxury alcohol treatment center ensures your privacy, discretion, and confidentiality. However, it is important to know that support from your loved ones is vital for long-lasting recovery. At Seasons in Malibu, we offer a safe space for you to connect with like-minded individuals, as well as a safe and comfortable family program to help your immediate loved ones understand your condition and help you with your aftercare once you exit our facility.
How to Get Help at Alcohol Abuse Treatment Centers
The only way you can ensure long-lasting, successful recovery from your secret alcohol addiction is by getting help at one of the alcohol abuse treatment centers in your area. You can ensure your recovery through a three-pronged approach:
- Medication-Assisted Detox. Alcohol is one of the most dangerous substances to detox from and is the only one that can cause fatal withdrawal symptoms. As such, you mustn’t detox alone and instead do so with the help of medical professionals. We offer around-the-clock addiction specialists, nurses, and medications to help you through this uncomfortable period at Seasons in Malibu.
- Therapy and Counseling. Addiction treatment at a luxury alcohol treatment center is not a one-size-fits-all solution. Individualized treatment plans are crafted for each and every patient that comes to Seasons in Malibu. We have a ten-person team of doctors, therapists, and counselors dedicated to designing a treatment plan that meets your personal, individual needs. The program will evolve with you throughout your alcohol abuse treatment. We offer an extensive range of therapy and counseling to ensure that we will provide exactly what is necessary to resolve your underlying issues.
- Aftercare. Getting sober is the first step; staying sober is the next. Once you complete your treatment program with us, we send you home with a comprehensive aftercare program to ensure your sobriety. Your triggers, signs of relapse, what to do if you relapse, a list of your intentions, and much more are part of this plan.
Treatment With Seasons in Malibu, Luxury Alcohol Treatment
What to expect from Luxury Alcohol Treatment at Seasons in Malibu:
- Independent medical assessment and medical management
- Detoxification from the drugs in active use
- Evaluation and diagnosis of the individual
- Assessment and diagnosis of the family
- Restorative therapies such as acupuncture and massage
- Trauma assessment and trauma-related therapies
- Relapse prevention training and basic drug and neurobiology education
- Four systemic treatment projects including a body map, genogram, timeline, and exit plan
- Individual psychotherapy
- Family System Intervention, assessment, and recommendation for treatment
- Systemic Family Treatment including education, process, and experiential components
- Introduction to and support from the recovery community
- Presentation of readiness to leave treatment to the staff and other clients
- Graduation presentation
- Follow-ups on aftercare planning
- Returns to campus post-treatment for alumni events quarterly
- Weekly alumni conference phone calls
- Opportunities to intern and volunteer at the main campus or from home
Treatment at Seasons in Malibu is systemic, integrative, and client-centered. We are thoroughly familiar with the strength and courage it takes to pick up the phone and ask for help. You do not have to suffer from alcohol addiction alone anymore. Our counselors are invested in your well-being and are ready around the clock to guide you or a trusted friend or family member through the initial steps of overcoming drug or alcohol addiction.
For more information, visit seasonsmalibu.com.