Drinking and alcohol abuse are traditionally considered a problem among adult men. Still, studies show dramatic increases in alcohol consumption by women in the U.S. Unfortunately, with the rise of alcohol consumption in women comes an increase in alcohol abuse and addiction. These conditions can be difficult to manage, especially alone. Finding help from an alcohol addiction treatment center can be the key to breaking the cycle of addiction.
Seasons in Malibu knows the importance of providing high-quality alcohol addiction treatment to women in a luxury environment. You deserve to take time to focus on yourself and a healthier, happier future. Our compassionate staff makes it manageable to step foot in the right direction with professional support. Get started today by calling 424.235.2009 or contacting our team online.
Why Is Alcohol Consumption in Women Rising?
Studies in patterns of women’s drinking show that once women were expected to take on the role of joining the workforce and balancing their home life, they started drinking more heavily. It is believed that the pressure of working and maintaining the home can lead some women to drink. Alcohol is a coping mechanism to deal with stress and a heavy workload.
In addition, alcohol is becoming more socially acceptable for women to consume. More products are marketed to women and girls as “healthy” or “low-calorie” alternatives. Even though alcohol is technically a toxin, it is being consumed more often because it is seen as a “healthier” choice.
Signs of Alcohol Abuse in Women
There is no single trait of alcoholism. However, certain signs may indicate they have a problem. If you’re wondering if you or a woman in your life may be struggling with alcoholism, look for the following red flags:
- Drinking more than intended or planned
- Feeling the need to drink to relax or feel better
- Struggling to cut back on drinking or stop altogether
- Drinking in secret or hiding alcohol
- Drinking alone
- Feeling guilty or ashamed about drinking
- Experiencing blackouts or memory loss after drinking
- Binge drinking
Binge drinking for women involves the consumption of four or more drinks within two hours. Binge drinking habits can negatively affect women’s physical and mental health, especially if they engage in alcohol binges regularly. If they use alcohol frequently, they can develop a physical dependency that can be difficult to recover from.
Dangers of Alcohol Addiction in Women
Drinking too much alcohol can lead to several negative consequences, including:
- Health problems – Risks of liver disease, cancer, high blood pressure, and heart disease are all drastically increased with uncontrolled alcohol use.
- Relationship problems – Maintaining relationships with family can be difficult, with potential financial stress, communication difficulties, and domestic violence.
- Problems at work – Women struggling with alcohol abuse may also struggle with absenteeism, job loss, and decreased productivity.
- Social problems – Keeping close with friends can be difficult, especially with potential trouble with the law and a tendency for social isolation.
If you are struggling with alcohol abuse or addiction, it’s important to seek professional help.
Luxury Alcohol Addiction Treatment at Seasons in Malibu
Seasons in Malibu is a luxury addiction treatment center that is here to help you on your journey to recovery. We offer a number of different programs and services that are designed to meet your unique needs and help you through every step of the process.
Our addiction therapy programs include:
- Alcohol detox
- Drug detox
- Residential rehab
- Art therapy
- Equine therapy
We know that every woman’s experience with addiction is different, and we will work with you to create a customized treatment plan that meets your specific needs. Recovery is possible for everyone, and our goal is to help you achieve long-term sobriety. Get started today by calling 424.235.2009 or contacting our team online.