At Seasons in Malibu, we want our clients to be as prepared as possible for their time with us. As part of our commitment to transparency, our team has compiled a list of addiction FAQs (frequently asked questions) and mental health FAQs. If you have additional addiction FAQs, don’t hesitate to reach out to Seasons in Malibu online or at 424.235.2009.
Our Seasons in Malibu philosophy is that we are a clinically professional program that embraces evidence-based treatment from a systemic and comprehensive perspective. We believe addiction is a very treatable disease. Our team recognizes that addiction treatment can constantly be improved, and we are committed to being part of that ongoing process.
Our aftercare plan is an integral part of our treatment process at our luxury rehab. We are committed to your recovery for at least the first year following treatment.
We believe in the power, strength, and hope of all recovery communities. However, we are not a “12-step” facility, but we want each patient to understand the 12-step process. We encourage patients to explore all possible formats during their stay, including SMART Recovery, and fully embrace one that suits them best.
After the detox phase of recovery, regular visits from friends and family are recommended and encouraged. Their full support and encouragement will be a source of strength and confidence for the client in our care. Friends and family are also part of what we intend to treat, so our Seasons in Malibu team wants these loved ones to come prepared to do some work themselves.
One of the most popular addiction FAQs we get asks which types of addiction that we treat. Our staff and health professionals have experience in all aspects of addiction, including:
- Co-occurring eating disorders
- Co-occurring personality disorders
- Process addictions like gambling, pornography, or food
We treat almost all aspects of chemical dependency at Seasons in Malibu, including:
- Crack and powder cocaine
Defining success as uninterrupted abstinence is one of the problems with a behavioral approach to treatment, so we don’t want to speak about success in that “old school” context. We can say that of the 350 or so people who have gone through our program in the last two years, about 300 are doing well and are abstinent from their drug of choice. Some of these 300 have had “slips” or more severe relapses, but with our support, they have responded to them in a way that can actually strengthen their recovery. On a Subjective Quality of Life Index (SQLI), 98% of those who are doing well self-report a dramatic increase in the quality of their life.
We consider a successful response to relapse one that includes honesty, an understanding of why it happened, and a commitment of new resources to the issue. This response to relapse is one of the aspects that most distinguishes us from other programs and one of the most significant positive experiences that can happen to a newly recovering patient.
Four main points differentiate us from other drug and alcohol rehab centers, including:
- Our systemic and comprehensive approach to treatment – This innovative, evidence-based, and now proven successful program is why our Malibu recovery center is referred clients by professionals from around the country.
- The quality of our staff and practitioners – At Seasons in Malibu, we spend time working together and train to work together to create a powerful team that surrounds each client and executes their treatment plan. Additionally, our primary therapists all have doctorate degrees in psychology, and our case managers all have at least a Master’s degree. No other treatment center can boast such an educational level of its front-line clinical staff.
- Our long-term commitment to the patient’s recovery – We want to be working with our patients throughout the first year of their sobriety. Most long-term rehabs will give you a follow-up call once in a while. However, our team wants you to remain in constant communication and engage with the same professionals you did while in treatment, perhaps by computer teleconference or phone, for as long as possible.
- Our focus on individualized treatment – At our Malibu drug rehab center, we believe each person requires their own assessment and treatment plan. We recognize that addiction treatment is only effective when it is designed for you.
Successful drug and alcohol addiction treatment is a complex and resource-intensive process. Providing high-quality care for addiction requires excellent staff, lots of time, and outstanding individual support and management. The need for these resources is why addiction treatment costs so much.
You may want to also ask yourself, “How much does rehab cost as opposed to the cost of addiction?” The cost of addiction can be measured in lost income, health care costs, lost opportunities, lost jobs, and failed relationships. In monetary comparison, it has been estimated that the cost of treatment is about one-tenth of the cost of addiction.